Working Through Editable Reports

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  • Started 11 months ago by Aardvark
  • Latest reply from myDBR Team
  1. Aardvark, Member

Hello,

I'm working through the Editable Reports Example/Tutorials and am pretty stuck.

I believe there is something missing from the example code or extra information that is confusing me.

I'm looking at the two links below:

Example Report
    https://mydbr.com/demo/mydbr/report.php?r=77&m=1&h=25541008f09ce098a477425247b8c6ef47ff7377&i=1

Code for Example Report
    https://mydbr.com/demo/mydbr/report.php?r=3&p1=sp_DBR_editable%2Csp_DBR_ft_editable_more%2Csp_DBR_budget_edit%2Csp_DBR_budget_edit_comment%2Csp_DBR_budget_accept%2Csp_DBR_film_editing%2C%20sp_DBR_film_editing_category%2Csp_DBR_film_editing_del%2Csp_DBR_film_editing_is_showing%2Csp_DBR_film_editing_description&m=1&h=2de3f50abb2d78211f06ec73ce89e97383783b33&i=1

Looking at the code for example 1 there seems to be calls to procedures called film editing and editing_more but the report is for a Budget Cost center.

Additionally Example 2 which would also be useful makes no reference to any procedures.

Basically I want to run a select statement on a database and have on editable field the user can update.

Can someone take a look at the guide/example and let me know if this is right? It doesn't seem to be.

Posted 11 months ago #
  2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The demo showcases different editing scenarios which are separate from eachother.

Example 1:
    Budget editing (code for this in the main report sp_DBR_editable)

Editable fields:
    - budget, editing report: sp_DBR_budget_edit, using autosum_int-callback to automatically refresh the horizontal and vertical summary values
    - comment, editing report: sp_DBR_budget_edit_comment

Example 2:
    Showcasing different user input types (code in a separate sp_DBR_ft_editable_more-report):

Editable fields. All use sp_DBR_budget_edit_comment as a dummy editing report, the purpose is to show different input methods):
    - basic, no special input
    - text, autogrowing textares
    - selectlist, select list
    - radiobutton, radiobuttons
    - date, datepicker

Example 3:
    Showcasing a real-type editing scenario (code in a separate sp_DBR_film_editing-report):

Editable fields:
    - Delete, showcasing use of a callback-function, (sp_DBR_film_editing_del)
    - Category, a selectlst, (sp_DBR_film_editing_category)
    - is_showing, a toggle edit with dbr.report (sp_DBR_film_editing_is_showing)
    - Description, an autosize textarea (sp_DBR_film_editing_description

Basically I want to run a select statement on a database and have on editable field the user can update.

To do that, just take a look at the Example 1, it shows how to assing an editable report to a field and just do simple editing. Also, in the documentation, there is a step by step example (http://mydbr.com/doc/?cmd.editable.html see Basic example).

--
    myDBR Team

Posted 11 months ago #

You must log in to post.