Real-time Chart

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? I enjoy pushing the boundaries of what myDBR can provide in attempt to provide our company with the best methods for presenting data. One thing I notice is at time our users are doing constant refreshes on our dashboards to see some of our company's primary metrics as they occur. One thing that may help their need (besides the auto-refresh timer) is real-time (or near realtime) data refreshes for some of our dashboard charts.

I have seen an example or two of chartdirector's realtime charts. While it is not a pure necessity it is something our company has reviewed and been interested in the potential feasibility of completing for our major dashboards. That being said how well do you think a real-time chart, like the sample chart director implementation, would work with the current myDBR platform? We would like to know if there is any potential issues/limitations of the SELECT 'dbr.chart.options', 'chartdirector' command and incorporation into the myDBR framework. And of course, if you guys have any simple examples of how this can be done on your end that is always appreciated. Thanks for entertaining another wild idea of ours.

Sincerely,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    See a demo.

The demo included two ways of implementing live charts: using myDBR linked reports and via ChartDirector's JavaScript library. The main difference is that the myDBR linked reports include the image map and hence possible linked reports attached to the live chart.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Oh! Nice. I thought it was possible to use the built in ajax inline report to get this working! I'm glad to see that it seems to be working well here. I will have to dig into this and see if our chart dashboards handle these continuous ajax calls as is. This gives me some good ideas but I think the first example will be the most suitable for our needs. Thank you for drilling into this and working out a live sample. This will save us a great deal of time.

You guys should totally put this into the main demo area page for other users to find- it really adds to expand the idea of what's possible through the myDBR framework.

You must log in to post.