dbr.import.options skip_header does not seem to work.

(10 posts) (3 voices)
  1. Aardvark, Member

I'm importing a csv file with about 7 header rows that I do not wish the import to read.

I've used the option

SELECT 'dbr.import.options', 'skip_header', 7;

but this does not seem to work. It only seems to work when the viarable is set to 1 so if I have more than 1 header row I get the following error back:

'Import file does not match the import procedure. Was expecting 21 values, got 1.'

If I delete all but one of the header rows it works without any issues. However this is going to be an automated process so stopping to edit each file will not be practical.

Please can you advise how to get this to work.

Best regards

Chris

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Chris,
    the skip_header for CSV is a toggle (1/0) and when set it bypasses the first line which usually contains the header columns.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

We have the same issue (where header rows are usually more than one). For the time being I'd use a macro to clean up the import files but it's hard to get end-users into the habit of cleaning the file before import.

Consider us also interested in a dynamic variable for rows considered part of the "header" so that we can skip more than one row on import.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sure,
    the latest build includes ability to skip more than one header row from CSV import. Just run the updater.

--
    myDBR Team

5. nsepetys, Member

Sweet. Thanks myDBR folks. And thank you Chris for your suggestion.

6. Aardvark, Member

Hello,

Thanks for getting that fixed so quickly and for the feedback. It's also good to hear I wasn't the only one needing this fix done.

In regards to your comment I'd just like to point out that the instructions for this feature contradict what you said.

the skip_header for CSV is a toggle (1/0) and when set it bypasses the first line which usually contains the header columns.

From the Tutorial/Instructions:

skip_header - defines number of header lines to skip in import.

Thanks again for such a great turnaround. Excellent service.

Best regards

Chris

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Chris,
    you are right. We changed the application to match the documentation ;)

--
    myDBR Team

8. Aardvark, Member

Hello,

I've just updated our system and ran this again and it still isn't working. Are you sure the changes were applied to the update or is there a syntax change?

Best regards

Chris

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

The version expected the skipped rows to follow the same format, hence the error message. You can run the updater and try again with the newest build.

--
    myDBR Team

10. Aardvark, Member

Thanks. That works now. Really appreciate the fast turnaround.

You must log in to post.