XML Import

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? I am looking at importing from quickbase but as of right now they only support xml. Does myDBR support that? Documentation seems to indicate no, but I figured I'd ask the question in case the documentation was out of date.

If there is currently no support- how easy would the work around be for that? Is using the import functionality in conjunction with an xml work around (to maybe convert the xml to json) a possibility here?

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    imports support are for CSV, XLSX, JSON and for tab delimited.

Depending on the complexity of the XML, you could try to convert it to JSON, but an option you could consider is to use an (free) ETL tools (take a look at CloverETL).

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate the support for xlsx and json enough that I'm not too concerned about the lack of xml support. We'll figure it out.

A big thank you for the import feature in general though! We just implemented our first report that uses the import (from excel) functionality and I know it's going to be a big time-saver for many of our users.

You must log in to post.