Add Row After Inline Insert

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Support,

How are we doing today? I was wondering if there's a cheap way to use my callback method to add another row to my table? I am trying to provide an option to add (insert) inline without navigating to a separate dialog box/subreport. I have the insert working since I start with an empty row joined that uses one set of blank values from the columns when the report is first generated. See below:

Is there a quick way to add another row after my (successful) insert? It would essentially be the inverse of what we see in this demo (select 'dbr.javascript', "$(mydbr_selected_cell).parent().remove();";). I would want to add a row and not delete one. If it isn't so straight forward I might just revert to the less elegant solution- refreshing the whole report after each insert. But I'd prefer to not have to refresh the whole page.

Thanks for your time,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    Instead of refreshing the whole report, you could just refresh the object (put it in a separate report). This is better way for the user as with the page refresh user might lose the context.

Adding a editable row dynamically would require some more work as you would need to add a row and make cells editable.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Got it. Thanks for your suggestion.

You must log in to post.