Facilitations to open the report

(8 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ajitdixit, Member

I have report as ubder
    if object_id('DIXIT_DBR_IT001_REPORTLIST','P') is not null drop procedure DIXIT_DBR_IT001_REPORTLIST go create procedure DIXIT_DBR_IT001_REPORTLIST as begin

select 'dbr.column.filter','name','text'; select 'dbr.column.filter','Parents','text'; select 'dbr.column.filter','proc_name','text';

WITH Hierarchy(ChildId, ChildName, mother_id, Parents) AS ( SELECT folder_id, Name, mother_id, CAST('' AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM mydbr_folders AS FirtGeneration WHERE mother_id IS NULL UNION ALL SELECT NextGeneration.folder_id, NextGeneration.Name, Parent.ChildId, CAST(CASE WHEN Parent.Parents = '' THEN(CAST(NextGeneration.Name AS VARCHAR(MAX))) ELSE(Parent.Parents + '/' + CAST(NextGeneration.Name AS VARCHAR(MAX))) END AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM mydbr_folders AS NextGeneration INNER JOIN Hierarchy AS Parent ON NextGeneration.mother_id = Parent.ChildId ) select a.report_id, a.name, a.proc_name, a.explanation, Hierarchy.Parents from mydbr_reports (nolock) a inner join Hierarchy on Hierarchy.ChildId = a.folder_id

end go
    I want to check if I can create facility that if user clicks on report list in this , the clicked report is opened

2. nsepetys, Member

You can do direct links, worst case. We do that from our inhouse reporting dashboard to help monitor report performance.

3. nsepetys, Member

Or you can do linked reports without the parameters populated and that should pop-up the parameters that need population. It depends on what the end goal is for the link- to generate the report or simply to navigate the folder location of the report/parameter page.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Did you want to run the report, open it for editing or open the parent folder of it?

--
    myDBR Team

5. ajitdixit, Member

I will like to open report
    I am also looking for developing feature like TCODE of SAP wherein each report will be given unique Report code and user will open report by typing the code

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

To open the report directly from your report, you need to generate the hash value for the URL. To do that, use an extension.

If you want to put unique code for the report, you can use the description field, or create a field of you own into a separate table and link that to your report listing.

Note also that not all reports are usually directly executable (linked reports).

--
    myDBR Team

7. ajitdixit, Member

can you please give a example

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

See documentation how to create a valid URL to the report.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.