Failed to load PDF Document

(10 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. biceda, Member

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related, but I just upgrade to the latest ionCude loader (10.0.2) and now I can't export any reports as PDF.

NB:(I can open other external PDF documents fine.)

The report filter menu with the 3 options (Excel/PDF/CSV) fails only on the PDF option.

The error message only displays;

Error

Failed to load PDF Document

(RELOAD) button

Any ideas?

Rgs,
    Darryl.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Darryl,
    not likely that the loader update would cause the problem with the PDF exports. To take closer look what is causing the problem, you can use the export debug-option and follow the instructions after an PDF export.

To enable the debug, add the command to the beginning of the report.

select 'dbr.export.options', 'debug', 1; 

--
    myDBR Team

3. biceda, Member

Hi,

I added the select statement to a few reports and it didn't do anything different.

I've tried different browsers and different computers. I'm at a lose... Are there any log files.

NB: I don't have wkhtmltopdf installed. Is this now a requirement?

Rgs,
    Darryl.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Darryl,
    myDBR uses wkhtmltopdf tp create the PDF's, so to get proper PDF exports, just install the wkhtmltopdf.

--
    myDBR Team

5. biceda, Member

I've installed wkhtmltopdf (0.12.4) on the server and I can correctly create PDF files from the server command line, however mydbr Environment Settings says it's not installed.

The $PATH on the server has been updated to point to the exe file. I've also tried updating the mydbr/user/defaults.php file with the $mydbr_defaults['export']['wkhtmltopdf']['command'] = '"/var/wkhtmltox/bin/wkhtmltopdf.exe"';

Why would mydbr say it's not installed?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Darryl,
    What is the operating system your server is running? Your appliction is an .exe which would indicate Windows-based server, but your path to wkhtmltopdf looks like a Unix path.

What is the output of mydbr/tools/troubleshoot/wkhtmltopdf.php?

--
    myDBR Team

7. biceda, Member

I'm running CentOS6.8
    I removed the .exe in the mydbr path statement and ran the troubleshoot file above with the result below.

string(32) "'/opt/wkhtmltox/bin/wkhtmltopdf'" wkhtmltopdf 0.12.4 (with patched qt) int(0)

I installed the generic linux file as there is no CentOS6 downloads anymore.
    "wkhtmltox-0.12.4_linux-generic-amd64.tar"

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR should now be able to find the wkhtmltopdf. You can confirm this from the Environment settings.

If you now export to PDF, what is the result?

--
    myDBR Team

9. biceda, Member

Yes, myDBR now shows it as installed and I can generate the PDF's. Thanks.

Just need to swap the header logo and change the date/time to use my timezone.

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

The timezone used is the timezone of your PHP installation.

To change the logo, see https://mydbr.com/doc/?manage.customize.html

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.