Favourites Quirk

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I received a call from a user today saying he was getting 'there was a problem executing your request. Please contact your system admin' message when trying to launch a report.

This puzzled me for a while as other users could run the report ok and the permissions are correct.

What I discovered had/is happening is that I created a new version of the report, moved the original report to a folder named Obsolete and removed all user permissions from the original report.

What I didn't appreciate was that if a user had previously marked the original report as a Favourite the link to the now obsolete report was still live and visible to the user. He was, rightly, trying to launch the report from his Favourites tab and then getting the above error. If he ran the report, the newer version, from a main Category then it ran OK.

Do you have or can you advise a way to remove reports from Users' Favourites when they no longer have permission to run the report?

I normally always keep previous versions of reports in case of having to roll-back.

Hope you follow that

Thanks

Jake

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jake,
    user should be able to remove the obsolete favorite just by clicking the favorite star icon beside the name.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Yes that's what I told him to do.

I was just wondering if there was a more proactive way - ie reports not appearing in Favourites if they no longer have permission to launch, similar to any other Category.

Just a thought and not a biggie.

Cheers

Jake

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, we changed that already. If you run the updater the Favorites show only the reports user has access to.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.