Exporting Image Data to Excel and PDF

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. rwchhs, Member

Hi,

I am trying to create a table that sometimes (but not always) contains images in one column and exports to Excel and PDF without losing those images.

Here's an example:

I have tried two approaches:

1) anything involving "mydbr.html:" as suggested here and here; this works okay for the web-based report but does not export at all, so it's entirely useless to me.

2) retrieving the image data as a BLOB from the database and then using "dbr.colstyle", "...", "image"; this works okay for the web-based version and also the PDF export. However, in Excel, the image is not shown - it is replaced by an "x", as can be seen in this picture: .

Please point me towards an approach that works for all three platforms/programs (myDBR, Excel, PDF).

I am using myDBR 5.0.1 (build 3464).

Best regards!

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    the Excel export does not currently support cell image exports (we can take a look if this could be done).

In your current case, do you have need for any arbitary image file or just few selected images (like the happy face)? Another option would be to use unicode characters instead of the images. See example.

P.S. The 'dbr.html:' format should work just fine with images in PDF if the URL in the image is a full URL (not relative one).

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.