Bulk Edit Permissions

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Aardvark, Member

We currently have an array of reports in separate folders (accounts,production, sales etc) and until recently we only had one user.

However we now are planning to have several users logged in so I wanted to set it up so each user can only see the folders/reports relevant to their role (some reports may have sensitive data that some users won't need access too)

I've created 10 or so users and put them into user groups based on their roles but I can't find a way to bulk edit the permissions.

I've gave each folder permissions (e.g. accounts folder is visible by administrators, managers and Accountants) however this only gives access to the folder and not automatically to the reports within. Some of the folders have 20+ Reports in them and there are hundreds of reports in total. Do I have to go into each report and set the permissions for each one? Is there a way to set the permissions on all the reports in a folder?

-Chris

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Chris,
    thank you for the feature request.

If you run the automatic udpater, the newest build contains this feature. To take advantage of this, set permissions to a report and you will be able to copy the same permissions in all reports same folder or in same folder and in same report category.

Hope this helps.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Aardvark, Member

Hello,

Thanks for the help. I'll update this evening and give that a try.

Once again thanks for the quick support.

Best regards

Chris

4. Aardvark, Member

Hello,

I'm having a related problem in relation to this. I've made a new set of users who are NOT administrators and gave them permission to use certain reports.

Some of these reports have editable fields. However the users who are not admins can't edit these fields and there doesn't seem to be a permission to change this.

Is there a way to have them edit these fields without making them administrators?

Best regards

Christopher

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

No need to make users adiministrators. Have you granted permission to the users for the reports doing the editing (ie the ones defined in dbr.editable)?

If a user has access rights to the editable reports, the editable fields are active. If not, the reports are just plain readonly reports. This allows for you to use same reports for readonly reports to some users and allow editing to others.

--
    myDBR Team

6. Aardvark, Member

Hello,

I think I understand. So I have to give permission to the edit procedure as well for this to work? I think that's working now thankyou.

Best regards

Chris

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    the permissions to the main report determine who can run that. The permissions to individual edit procedures determine who can access the editing feature inside the main report.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.