Backup/History Table

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. Aardvark, Member

I've just had an issue where I've done a quick edit of a procedure and must have made a mistake and not realised. a few days later I've went back to it and the report/procedure is blank.

Whilst I understand this is an error of mine what would be a good feature is that it doesn't run/save if there is an error in the backend as essentially you are deleting the procedure if there is an error.

Alternatively have some sort of Procedure History table where the body of each procedure is saved in a separate table when you click save/execute which the history button could then refer to. Even if it only stored the last 5 saves for each report this would probably save hundreds of users the headache of digging through backups for lost reports as I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm not the only person to have done this.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    myDBR does keep 10 (configurable) last report versions and the original one in case you make an error or want to go back to previous version. The versions are kept for the session, not stored permanently.

Usually this is enough as one either sees the error message when creating the report or sees that there is a problem when executing the modified report. Of course it is possible to miss the error message and skip running the modified report in case the permanent version would be useful. We can add this to requested feature list, if not default feature, but at least as an optional one.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.