Connected parameters - help!

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi and happy Easter

I've been trying to do something 'simple' all afternoon but can't get it to work :(

I wish to have 2 two parameters, the second connected to the first.

The main report is:

CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_Batch_Trace`(inSKU varchar(30),inBatch varchar(30)) BEGIN

select inSKU,inBatch;

END

The first parameter is a select list with find and Not to remember User's choice and is defined as follows:

select "","" union Select `Item Code`,`Item Code` from `item master`;

The connected parameter is defined as a Radio Button and via sp_ADBR_Batch_Num:

CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_ADBR_Batch_Num`(mydbr_param_prev1 varchar(30)) begin

select batNum,concat(batNum," ","First Used on ",date_format(batDate,"%d/%m/%Y")) from tblBatchOrig where batItem=mydbr_param_prev1 order by batDate desc;

end

When I key in an Item Code or select one from Find the second connected parameter remains as No parameters available.

However I can run the report and get displayed a correct Item Code and Batch Number. Also when I click the cog wheel to show the parameters I now see the connected parameter radio buttons.

Hope you follow that.

Any thoughts?

Jake

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    the radio button failed to initialize when the empty selection was included. The issue has been now fixed and you can run the automatic updater to get the newest build.

Thank you for reporting this to us.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajdjackson, Member

Cheers and thanks- that seems to have fixed it.

The reason why I included the empty string in the parameter query was that I was finding that the report still remembered the previous selection even although 'Do not remember User's choice' was set.

One other wee question.

Have you looked any further at connecting parameters from an Autocomplete parameter?

Cheers

Jake

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Which one of the parameters was remembered? The main one or the connected one? We were unable to reproduce this.

No work on connected + autocomplete yet.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.