Replicating mydbr instance from one server to another

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. eugfri, Member

hi,

I need to sync up my test MYDBR environment to make it exact copy of my production MYDBR environment.
    I am thinking of simply taking full dump of mydbr db and restoring it on my test server with exception of mydbr_licenses table which contains hostname and binary license code in one of its columns.

This is exactly what I did but now I am not able to login to my test MYDBR environment (set to use MyDBR authentication).
    Is there something else I need to do? Is there anything I need to copy/update in the file system as well?

Thank you

Eugene

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

That should do it. Authentication is done purely based on information in the database.

What is the problem with the login? Do you get any errors?

If you are using MySQL, did you include routines to the MySQL dump (they are not included by default).

P.S. You do not have to exclude mydbr_licenses from the dump if you keep both test and production licenses in both instances. myDBR will pick the right one.

--
    myDBR Team

3. eugfri, Member

Thank you for your reply!

I just could not login with my admin account...

The issue was very simple - i forgot to clean browser cache and cookies and after that I was able to login to my test environment with no issues!

You must log in to post.