query 2 different database on two different servers

(9 posts) (2 voices)
  1. mfiorentino, Member

Hi,
    I need to run a query that accesses two different databases on two different servers. is it possible? I have to buy a new license?

thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    what is the database system you are using?

--
    myDBR Team

3. mfiorentino, Member

mysql

thanks

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Depending on complexity of the needs, you can use Federated storage engine, replication or use another myDBR instace with myDBR's Remote servers-functionality.

--
    myDBR Team

5. mfiorentino, Member

since I do not have much time to configure replication I prefer the 3 option (use another myDBR instace with myDBR's Remote servers-functionality). I just change the current one or do I have to buy another one with this characteristic? Can you tell me the costs and the link of the purchase? Thanks

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

The remote server feature is included in the Premium and OEM licenses available from https://shop.mydbr.com.

--
    myDBR Team

7. mfiorentino, Member

already i have premium licence for 1 server. i need to buy another premium licence for 2 server?and then how can i connect two servers and use myDBR's Remote servers-functionality.

thanks

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    the second server needs it's own license.

See the link above to the documentation how remote servers. Basically you call a report in remote server and get the results back to your local server where you can combine the data with the local data.

--
    myDBR Team

9. mfiorentino, Member

ok thanks

You must log in to post.