Return to previous Tab using dbr.tab

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. I've implemented a tabbed report using the dbr.tab command. I use the link feature to call different reports from each of the tabs. Is it possible to create a link back to the the tabbed report, but return to the tab from where the user came. In other words, is it possible to return to a specific tab, and not always the first one.

If this not possible now, this would be a nice feature to include.

Thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

If we forget the use case where you might have multiple tabs on same report, having the ability to specify the tab selected would could be useful. We can take a look at it.

For now you can have direct link which opens specified tab (copy the link from tab), but having dynamic link to do that is not possible.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Thanks....hadn't thought about the use case where there are multiple tabs on the same report....But I need only one, so I appreciate the answer.

I understand it in concept, but am unclear about how to implement.

I would use select 'dbr.url' to recall the tab I want?

Assuming that below is the url that i want to call including the tab specification what is the syntax of the code I would use?

http://<website>/report.php?r=47&m=1&h=<hashtag>#ui-tabs-2

I'd prefer to use a button if possible, but any of the link formats would be workable.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The easiest way to do it is to use 'dbr.purehtml' to include a button with the 'href' pointing to correct tab. This would work if your original report does not have any parameters (or they are fixed).

select 'dbr.purehtml', 'Back to original report';

--
    myDBR Team

5. yes, I thought of this, and will probably do that way, but just out of curiosity is this possible using one or several of the dbr link commands. ie dbr.report or dbr.url

Thanks

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can also use 'dbr.url' to make the link.

-- Make the button
    select 'dbr.button', 'Back to original report'; -- Create the URL
    select 'dbr.url', 'YOUR_URL', '','#=1'; -- Select the tab
    select 'tab_1_1';

--
    myDBR Team

7. Thanks! This worked except for the last line

based on this line

http://<MY_URL>#ui-tabs-2

had to use

Make the button
    select 'dbr.button', 'Back to original report';