DBR will not save SP

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. karl lauritzen, Member

I have installed mydbr on my laptop, SQL server express, linked servers to local MySql and to SQL server remote.

PHP 7.2
    IIS 7.0
    mydbr 5.0.8

Connected to Sql server express fine. I can write sp as below and connect to linked servers and get data fine when editing sp and htting execute.

But if I hit execute on query tab to run sp I get nothing. Also once I exit edit of sp and go to run report, get nothing. Once I go back to edit my code was not saved for the report.

if object_id('sp_DBR_AgentInquiry','P') is not null
    drop procedure sp_DBR_AgentInquiry
    go
    create procedure sp_DBR_AgentInquiry
    as

set Ansi_Nulls on
    go
    set ansi_warnings on
    go

begin

set ansi_nulls on
    set ansi_warnings on

select * from openquery(linkedserver,'select code,city from RHP_Report.dbo.producer')

end
    go

I have searched and see nothinng wrong on install nor can fnd any menton of ths by anyone else. Shuld I do an update or all new install.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

MyDBR uses the standard GO-statement to signal the end of a batch of Transact-SQL statements. In your procedure definition you have extra GO-statements for the ANSI_NULL's and ANSI_WARNINGS causing your procedure code to terminate early.

Remove them and your procedure should work as expected.:

if object_id('sp_DBR_AgentInquiry','P') is not null
    drop procedure sp_DBR_AgentInquiry
    go
    create procedure sp_DBR_AgentInquiry
    as
    begin set ansi_nulls on
    set ansi_warnings on select * from openquery(linkedserver,'select code,city from RHP_Report.dbo.producer') end
    go

You usually do not need to change ANSI-settings within the procedure. The default ANSI-settings for myDBR are:

SET ANSI_WARNINGS OFF
    SET ARITHABORT OFF
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON

If you want to use different defaults, you can override it in mydbr/user/defaults.php.

Also, no need to use OPENQUERY, you can also reference linked server tables as "linkedservername.databasename.schemaname.tablename".

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.