SQL editor not working

(23 posts) (4 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is the browser you are using?

Looks like there was an error loading a editing component. You could try what does followin URL return or if it returns an error:

http://192.168.0.164/mydbr/lib/external/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_compressor.php?plugins&v=1113

--
    myDBR Team

2. Tried both on IE8 and chrome, same result.

Tested the url, returns nothing, web page cannot be shown.

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR tries to load the editor component from server using the edit_area_compressor script. Try to see why this call fails (Firebug / web server errors). There is something in your server setup that causes the script loading to fail.

--
    myDBR Team

4. Fixed the first error by copying jquery.ui.timepicker-se.js and renaming it to
    jquery.ui.timepicker-no.js

but still no luck with the sql editor.

Can it be a regional problem?

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Timepicker js error you can ignore. The timepicker just tries to load nonexistent localized resources for timepicker. This has nothing to do with the SQL Editor and has no effect on myDBR.

The problem for you is that SQL Editor is that edit_area_compressor script fails to load. The script is trying to load gz-compressed version if your server supports this. Also the gz-compressed version is created if the script sees changes on underlying files (this should not happen).

So your call to:

http://192.168.0.164/mydbr/lib/external/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_compressor.php?plugins&v=1113

does not work? How about the call to;

http://192.168.0.164/mydbr/lib/external/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_full_with_plugins.js?v=1113

This should give the same result.

--
    myDBR Team

6. When i press the second link it asks if i will open or save the jscript file

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

The output of both should be the same javascript.

myDBR uses the first one since it will return smaller compressed version if server supports compression. There is something in your server that prevents edit_area_compressor.php script to work.

Change the $param['debug'] to true in mydbr/lib/external/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_compressor.php, to see if any errors pop up when you access the script directly:

See also that web server has write permissions to edit_area directory.

--
    myDBR Team

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

The compressed version should work just fine. If it does not, most likely your server has some faulty setting you should check.

You can disable the use of gz-version in the editarea's settings. Take a look at mydbr/lib/external/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_compressor.php and there change line 16 from:

$param['use_gzip']= true;

to

$param['use_gzip']= false;

Please note that this just a workaround for the gz version not working. You can try the $param['debug'] option as well if it would reveal something more what is wrong with your setup.

--
    myDBR Team

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Without an access to the server it is bit difficult to say what might be causing this.

What is your php.ini's zlib.output_compression setting? If it's set on, you could try to set it off. Also, clearing the browser caches allows you to have a clean environment.

--
    myDBR Team

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do you have E_STRICT set on in php.ini's error_reporting?

Try to change error_reporting = E_ALL (or less) this should do the trick.

You can also set the debug flag off in edit_area_compressor.php to remove the debug info from output.

--
    myDBR Team

11. lordlouf, Blocked

Hi

I changed my error_reporting to E_ALL. It was E_ALL | E_STRICT before.
    And now it is working perfectly.

thanks for your help

Raphael

12. myDBR Team, Key Master

Problem was caused by 3rd pary component which while preserving the compatibility to PHP4 caused an warning message problem with STRICT in PHP5.

We've fixed this and if you wish to keep STRICT set on, you can run myDBR updater and have your version updated to 2.9.1/1131.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

--
    myDBR Team

13. bobpolis, Member

*** This problem has returned! ***

MyDBR 3.1, on several different Windows machines this happens. We use Xampp 1.7.7.
    I tried all of the above solutions, didn't work. (On Mac OS X: no problems.)

The ionCube loader we use is version 5.3, BUT there are several of them :-(
    We use the download from http://downloads2.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_win_vc9_x86_ipf.zip
    The others don't seem to work; you can't get past the installation, and this is what their loader_wizard came up with.

So: this combination installs fine, so it seems, but then the buttons don't work...

I get the same results as the people above when trying to load http://localhost/mydbr/lib/external/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_compressor.php?plugins&v=1124 or the other links. On a working installation I get a page of JavaScript code, and in this case I get nothing (or an error).

PHP error_reporting is set to E_ALL

Toggling the $param['use_gzip'] setting to false doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

14. myDBR Team, Key Master

The editor should work just fine also with the Windows machines.

What is excatly the problem you are experiencing? Could not quite get what is the relation of ionCube loader with your problem.

Make sure all files on web server are owned by the web server so the edit_area_compressor.php can produce the compressed version of the javascript file.

Also, if your MacOS X clients work as expected, there might be a caching problem with the Windows machines. Does the same thing happen with you on different browsers in the Windows machines?

--
    myDBR Team

15. bobpolis, Member

(My remark about the ionCube loader was to utter my frustration how hard it was to get the right one.)

The installations we're trying to do are standalone myDBR installations, so students can try out on their own laptops how they could create reports using myDBR.

The students who have Mac OS X machines have no problems.
    Some, not all, of the Windows 7 machines have it.

Everyone is installing the same set of software: Xampp 1.7.7 for Windows, myDBR 3.1, ionCube loader 4.0.10.

Installation went well with this combination, without exceptions.

However, if you start to Add a Report, you get to the screen where you can build your stored procedure, using the Show Query Builder button. This button does not work: the JavaScript needed to do the animation to open up the Query Builder fails silently, so nothing happens. When you try other buttons they don't work either.

It fails consistently in all browsers. Tested with IE 9, Safari 5, Firefox 7, latest Chrome and latest Opera.

So, just like in the old posts above, it seems the decompressor doesn't work. Are there any other PHP configuration setting I could try?

16. myDBR Team, Key Master

(My remark about the ionCube loader was to utter my frustration how hard it was to get the right one.)

if you run myDBR without the loader intalled, myDBR will bring up the loader page which will have detailed instructions and direct link to the correct loader from ionCube. If myDBR detects the loader present, no actions is needed.

You can access the loader check page at install/loader.php, even if you have the loader installed.

As for your problem with te editor. The editor returns the needed javascript via the compressor.php script. Take one of the machines you are having trouble with and access the

mydbr/lib/external/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_compressor.php?plugins

script. This should return a javascript file. If it does not, make sure that the web server has have write access to directories under mydbr as the compressor.php will generate a gzip file to be served if it notices changes in the editor javascript source code.

--
    myDBR Team

17. bobpolis, Member

I found a solution.

In edit_area_compressor.php, set $param['compress'] = false;

Then, it all works. i don't know why it didn't at first. The web server could write inside any mydbr directory; I tested it by writing a PHP script myself which created a file and then wrote something into it. All worked just fine.

Anyway, I guess I'll tell the others to switch off compression, then. :-)

18. myDBR Team, Key Master

That is one option.

However, the compression is there for a reason. You could try to let the compress option to be on and to move the *.gz files out from the editarea-directory. Next time you access the compressor.php, the gz file should be generated for you.

Most likely there is a permission issue somewhere which prevents the gz-file to be created and therefore the srcipt is stopped resulting empty output.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.