report that outputs no data - choose a different returned page

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. john, Member

Hi,

question - where i report displays no data and only accepts parameters how do i control the screen that is output/ direct user to another mdbr report or home screen or tab?

details
    I have a report that only accepts parameters and adds a record, there is no output for report. when i run from a tab it outputs a blank screen no header or footer, when i run from main menu it we get the header and footer.
    tab code
    select 'dbr.tab', 'Add Project', 'report.php?r=48&m=1&h=f1aeedaeaf2499b7e7c65bfa1e5f17184d92ce0e&embedi=1'

additional questions
    for some odd reason embid without the i give me this result in tab "Missing/invalid user parameters!"
    I would like to access the same report just from the main screen and also embed as a tab. not sure if embedding report would make this possible?

thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    instead of attaching the 'Add Project'-report directly to the tab, create a report that includes the dbr.report call to the 'Add Project'-report. Also, instead using the URL-scheme in dbr.tab, use the report name format:

select 'dbr.tab', 'Add Project', 'sp_DBR_add_project_wrapper';

Then create the sp_DBR_add_project_wrapper which allows for user to add projects and get feedback that the action was successful.

Also, you can consider that if the 'Add Project' tab is the best solution for the UI. Why not just add a button to existing tabs / outside the tabs for project creation?

for some odd reason embid without the i give me this result in tab "Missing/invalid user parameters!"

Can you elaborate on this one?

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.