dbr.collapse

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. eugfri, Member

hi,

Is it possible to allow dbr.collapse function to have additional parameter in order to control if row is presented in collapsed or expanded form?

Also, is there any way to control display of columns passed to "dbr.collapse" ? i.e. for example have them all displayed using template or maybe simply horizontally instead of vertically as it is now?

Thank you!

Eugene

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Eugene,
    we can add an optional rowclass ('collapse_open') which you can add to the rows you wish to be open after initial loading.

We can also take a look at the possibility to adding template support to collapse. That would open flexibility how collapse could be used.

--
    myDBR Team

3. eugfri, Member

That would be totally fantastic! It’s exactly what I am looking for.
    Would you mind if I ask for possible timeline for such new features?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Eugene,
    you can run the updater to get the latest version. It includes new command 'dbr.collapse.template' which will allow for you to use template for collapsed data. Also supported is 'collapse_open' rowclass which will make the rows to be collapsed at load.

Note that inline-linked report offers you more flexibility with similar behavior. You are not limited to set of columns and all formatting / layout functionality is supported.
    --
    myDBR Team

5. eugfri, Member

I have been using inline reports a lot bit I don’t know how to have it open by default without user action.

Thank you so much for such super fast turnaround! I will run the update and try new feature!

6. eugfri, Member

hi,

here is my sample proc:

select 'dbr.search', 0;
    select 'dbr.collapse', 'body','footer';
    select 'dbr.rowstyle', 'rowstyle';
    select 'dbr.collapse.template', 'Test' ;
    select 'dbr.hidecolumn', 'rowstyle'; select 'xxx@gmail.com' AS email, 'Eugene' as destination, 'blah' as body, 'foo' as footer, mydbr_style('collapse_open') as rowstyle;

And here is my sample template:

<table width="200" border="1" cellpadding="5"> <tr> <td>Body: {#body}</td> <td>Footer: {#footer}</td> </tr> <table>

Template works perfectly, but my row by default is not expanded.
    I have updated to the latest version 5.2.3 build 3709

I have also tried to define collapse_open css class but when I open my test report my row is still in collapsed state, not in expeanded one.

What I am doing wrong?

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Eugene,
    the 'collapse_open' is a CSS class, so you can use it directly using dbr.rowclass.

select 'dbr.search', 0;
    select 'dbr.collapse', 'body','footer';
    select 'dbr.rowclass', 'rowclass';
    select 'dbr.collapse.template', 'Test' ; select 'xxx@gmail.com' AS email, 'Eugene' as destination, 'blah' as body, 'foo' as footer, 'collapse_open' as rowclass;

Btw, no need to hide the column for rowclass as myDBR will do it for you (as you probably want to do in 99.9% of cases).

We did some refinements to collapse in the newest build. It now works better with sorting and columnfilters.
    --
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.