Bit of Javascript Help Please!

(7 posts) (2 voices)
  • Started 1 month ago by ajdjackson
  • Latest reply from ajdjackson

Tags:

1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I've created a crosstab and would like to add a blank row before and a blank row after certain rows based on their contents.

I've managed to get this far - the example is looking for a row that contains Net Current Assets:

select 'dbr.javascript'," var rind = $('tr td:contains(\"Net Current Assets\")').closest(\"tr\").index(\"tr\"); $('tbody > tr:nth-child('+rind+')').after('<tr></tr>'); ";

I believe I'm getting the index of the row ok it's just the adding of the rows where nothing is happening.

Any thought?

Thanks

Jake

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. myDBR Team, Key Master

In addition to the TR-element, you need to add the TD-elements (pfeferably with the correct COLSPAN) with some content so that the row will have height.

If you really want to use JavaScript, you can use syntax:

select 'dbr.javascript', "
    $('td:contains(\"Net Current Assets\")').parent().each( function() {
    $(this).before('<tr class=\"row\"><td colspan=\"'+$(this).children().length+'\" class=\"cell\"> </td></tr>');
    });
    ";

Note that you can also build a result table from multiple parts if you use dbr.resultset.options's 'skip_footer' and 'skip_headers'.

--
    myDBR Team

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. ajdjackson, Member

Thanks that worked great. I would never have appreciated the colspan requirement.

I’ve split the crosstabs previously but this gives issues when exporting in that the hidden headers appear in the excel files.

Is there a way in exporting to excel you can prevent any elements that have been hidden in css from appearing in export?

Cheers

Jake

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is really no CSS support in Excel. myDBR does interprete some direct CSS styles to Excel style (for example font / cell-styles), but display:none is not among them.

What is the use case where you have to do the hiding in CSS?

--
    myDBR Team

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

An example of where I have to hide a row is when I'm creating a Balance Sheet.

In this case I find I have to hide the last row which is the 'grand total' row.

I use select 'dbr.css','tr.summary_row.sortbottomhdr_change,tr.summary_row.sortbottom {display:none;}';

I find this row still displays even when I use select 'dbr.summary.options','limit_summary_level',1;. My understanding of this is that only level 1 summaries display but I find that the Level 0 one displays as well therefore I hide it.

This row is exported to excel even although it's hidden.

Cheers

Jake

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. myDBR Team, Key Master

The command:

select 'dbr.summary.options','limit_summary_level',1;

means that do not show summary levels beyond 1 (i.e show 0 and 1).

To show only summary level 1, use:

select 'dbr.summary.options','limit_summary_level', '=1';

--
    myDBR Team

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. ajdjackson, Member

Great - thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers

Jake

Posted 1 month ago #

You must log in to post.