Admins Restrictions Feature

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Fadi Nofal, Member

Dear myDBR Team,

I need to use Admin Restrictions Feature within Defaults.php in which to allow restricted admins to access the following Menus Only:
    - Users
    - Groups
    - Notifications
    - Environment Settings
    - Licenses
    - About

Also, Restricted Admins Should't Create, View Report Code, Edit Report Information, and Delete Any Report or Folder within myDBR.

Could you please provide me with the required commands to allow me to write them within Defaults.php in order to achieve the above Restrictions for Selected Admins.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

An admin in myDBR has full access to the system. The restricted admin feature has been deprecated as it never was meant to be a security feature but an UI feature.

What is the need for the restricted admin and the actions allowed for such role?

--
    myDBR Team

3. Fadi Nofal, Member

Dear Team,

Restricted Admin must not have an Access to Reports Source Code or Even not to change anything related to Reports as this Restricted Admin is the Responsible of System Operations and End Users Administration Tasks Only (System Administrators).

Full Admin Access users are Development Team in our Company as they are the Only Responsible Team regarding to Reports Management (Source Code Development).

So, I need to Apply such Restriction to achieve Segregation of Duties based on Internal Audit Department Recommendation.

Regards ...

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

As said, the restricted admin feature has been deprecated.

We could take a look if we could introduce instead an 'elevated' users feature which would allow non-admin users to access some admin features. There is couple of things that would need to be addressed. For example if elevated user would have access to the user information, so the user could simply create additional admin users circumvating the actual purpose of restirctions. Likewise the access to Environment Settings would grant user access to login information to the database which depending on the setup, might also be problematic.

--
    myDBR Team

5. Fadi Nofal, Member

Dear Team,

That's fine with us and we can monitor and Handle elevated user Actions within our system.

Appreciate if you provide me with elevated users feature.

Thanks a lot ...

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

We'll keep you posted.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.