Import Options

(10 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. roadrunner, Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to myDBR and so far absolutely admire the functionality and integration possibilities with this reporting system. As I'm creating several reports and interfaces for my clients, I'm curious on just one small question thus far:

Are 'xls' imports not available? I do see the ability to export as an 'xls' but haven't managed a successful import this way. Worst case scenario I require the user to save the file as an xlsx or csv.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The XLS format is so old that has largely been replaced by XLSX. We can add support for XLS import to the next builds, not a big deal.

--
    myDBR Team

3. roadrunner, Member

Thanks! That'd be great- No idea why another piece of database software chooses to provide such an archaic format but such is life.
    I can resave the relevant files for the time being but so I know, how often do you mind myDBR is updated?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

We new builds are created quite regularly (every few days). You should expect this feature in couple of days.

--
    myDBR Team

5. roadrunner, Member

Also curious if it may be worth (or possible) to add some functionality in specifying which sheet to import from the document? Either via an index number or by name I imagine may be useful.

Keep up the great work and excellent to know there's an active community and support forum.

Much appreciated.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

It would be possible yes. The challenge comes with more complex Excel documents with multiple sheets that usually they are no longer just data, but multiple sections with different calculations / cross references etc, so it might be bit tricky to define the section excactly which data to import and which one to skip / ignore. We can take a look if some kind of custom ruleset could be applied.

--
    myDBR Team

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

The lastest build includes support for import Excel 97-2003 XLS and Excel 2003 XML formats. When importing, use formats "xls" and "xls_xml" respectively.

--
    myDBR Team

8. roadrunner, Member

A bit of delay in response but thank you for the update. I went to attempt an xls upload today and noticed an error "Unknown format xls"

Is there a particular way to ensure this update was appended to my install or was this functionality removed again?

Thanks!

edit: for reference, I'm using mydbr 5.2.6

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is the myDBR build version you are running?

The xls-import capability was added into myDBR 5.2.6, build 3765. If you are running version earlier than that, just run the automatic updater.

--
    myDBR Team

10. roadrunner, Member

Appears to be working now on the latest. Must have been a build I missed, thank you!

You must log in to post.