Buttons - Linked Reports - Parameter Prompt - Export Straight to XLSX

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  • Started by jluth@smartlightanalytics.com
  • Latest reply from jluth@smartlightanalytics.com

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. jluth@smartlightanalytics.com, Member

Good day! For my users, there are three related reports that are run in a relatively quick sequence as soon as each completes. To help manage some of the time cost of switching back and forth between different reports, I'm attempting to provide three buttons within the same report. What I'm wanting to have happen, is when each button is clicked, a popup with the parameters is displayed and then when run, the report is executed and downloaded without leaving that page. So when this is completed then they can just click the next button for the next export that is needed to export.

All that said, I can use the append option to ensure the reports exports when the button is clicked, however, it redirects to the parameter page so the user has to click back to go back to the original report to continue with their process. If I add the popup option as well, then I stay on the same page once the linked report executes but it tries to display the xlsx output in the popup window rather than downloading the output.

Can you provide me with any suggestions on how to achieve my goal?

BEGIN
    BEGIN
    SELECT 'dbr.button','TIN PROVIDER PROFILE';
    SELECT 'dbr.report','sp_DBR_Profile_TIN','append=&export=xlsx','popup';
    SELECT 'dummy result set for the button';
    END

BEGIN
    SELECT 'dbr.button','NPI PROVIDER PROFILE';
    SELECT 'dbr.report','sp_DBR_Profiles_NPI','append=&export=xlsx';
    END

BEGIN
    SELECT 'dbr.button','MBR PROFILE';
    SELECT 'dbr.report','sp_DBR_Profile_Member','append=&export=xlsx';
    END
    END

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    the closest you will get if you set the target to be 'new_window'. This will open the report in new window allowing for you to enter the parameters and execute the Excel-file download. It will leave you the window open which you need to close, but the original report with the three buttons would stay in place.

--
    myDBR Team

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    we added support for Ajax exports to the latest build. You can now do:

SELECT 'dbr.button', 'TIN PROVIDER PROFILE';
    SELECT 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_Profile_TIN', 'dynamic_div[]', 'append=&export=xlsx'';

This will bring you a button which invokes the linked report, asks possible parameters in a popup, closes the popup and downloads the Excel-file. All in one report.

Run the automartic updater to get the latest build.
    --
    myDBR Team

4. jluth@smartlightanalytics.com, Member

Thank you! That works perfectly!

You must log in to post.