Customizing the Rich Text Editor

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. cris, Member

If possible, I would like to ultimately have the rich text editor on a report and have it

(1) Always be open - no need to click in the table cell to invoke the editor

(2) Customize the toolbar - I couldn't even hide the toolbar:
    select 'dbr.editable', 'rich_text', 'sp_DBR_edit_rich_text', 'in_id=id', 'type=richtext', "options={'html':1,'richtext':{'toolbar': false, 'width': 600, 'height': 350}}"; .
    I could, however, hide the statusbar with nearly the same code.

(3) Perhaps most importantly, save the content back to the database without having to click 'File: Save and Close'. If the editor just lost focus and saved, it would be more intuitive to my users.

I have been reading through the tinyMCE documentation and it seems like some of these are possible, I just don't know where to start. I will continue to dig into this, but want to make sure it is feasible.

Thanks,
    Cris

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

For now the editable works in a way that the save is triggered by the submit of the form that includes the rich text element. To have the editor to be always open you would need to script the editor to track the focus (might be bit more complicated with the menu's etc) and then trigger separate save of the content. As said, no such functionality for now, as the rich text editor functionality follows the same logic as other editable fields.

You should be able to hide the toolbar with {'toolbar': false}-option (tested).

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.