Removing Zeroes From dbr.calc

(4 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

1. astroshark, Member

So I have a crosstab that is using dbr.calc command to calculate the %. My issue is that whenever there is a row with null data then dbr.calc returns with 0.00% how do I go about keeping this row blank instead of showing the 0%?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Can you open a support ticket with export as SQL output attached so we can replicate your report behavior?

--
    myDBR Team

3. ingjgarciad, Member

Hi.
    I Have the same problem, because my information have a 0 in some cases.

really no have a problem, is simple in math if you try divide by 0 the result is 0, my problem is the next.

When have a 0 in some cases, i try to evaluate second value with 100% but the field is null don't use a CASE to evaluate because donn't have a field, the field is virtual

Example

Report | value1 | value2 | %percent |

some | 0 | 3 | null | <-- 0/3*100 = null/error/0

how to evaluate %percent null to change 100%

Report | value1 | value2 | %percent |

some | 0 | 3 | 300% | <-- 3*100 = 300%

file
    Report SQL Export

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

If the dbr.calc produces 0.00% with null data, make sure that you are using latest version (run the automatic updater). If the problem persists, please contact support with SQL export of your report.

don't use a CASE to evaluate because donn't have a field, the field is virtual

What do you mean by a virtual field?

some | 0 | 3 | 300% | <-- 3*100 = 300%

What is the logic of getting 300% out of 0 and 3?

dbr.calc accepts any php expression as parameter so you can handle nulls/zeros differently if you want.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.