Linked report appears in Firefox but not in Chrome

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. rmanes, Member

We have a report that works fine on Firefox 65.0.2, but not on Chrome 73.0.3683.86. We are running myDBR 5.4.0 (build 3849).

The code that generates the reports is the following:

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_ReportA', 'inRecID=RecID', 'load2_result'; select 'dbr.button', '344 big button', 'hiddenb load2'; select inRecID AS RecID;

select 'dbr.embed_object', 'load2_result';

select 'dbr.javascript', "$('.load2')[0].click()", 'onload';

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_ReportB', 'inRecID=RecID', 'load3_result'; select 'dbr.button', '888 big button', 'hiddenb load3'; select inRecID AS RecID;

select 'dbr.embed_object', 'load3_result';

select 'dbr.javascript', "$('.load3')[0].click()", 'onload';

On Firefox, both the 'load2_result' and 'load3_result' divs load successfully with the information from the reports, but on Chrome only 'load3_result' is populated. Chrome produces an empty 'load2_result' div and sp_DBR_ReportA is never run - I inserted a javascript alert in the report while debugging and it fired in Firefox, but not in Chrome.

I also noticed that in Firefox, both the 'load2/3_result' divs enclosed a second div like so:
    <div id="load2_result"> <div class="inline_animate"> <script> function reload_callback() {$('.load2')[0].click();} </script> ... </div> </div> <script>$(document).ready(function() {$('.load2')[0].click()});</script>

However, in Chrome, the same block for the 'load2_result' looks like:
    <div id="load2_result"></div> <script>$(document).ready(function() {$('.load2')[0].click()});</script>

The div for the 'load3_result' looks like:
    <div id="load3_result" style=""> <div class="inline_animate"> <script> function reload_callback() {$('.load3')[0].click();} </script> ... </div> </div> <script>$(document).ready(function() {$('.load3')[0].click()});</script>

Do you know what is happening and how we can get the sp_DBR_ReportA to run and populate the 'load2_result' div in Chrome?

If I've left anything out, please let me know and I'll try to provide you with any other relevant information.

Thank you for your time

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

It seems to be a Chrome issue, where a click event gets ignored. It's unrelated to myDBR and jQuery. See CodePen for pure JS example.

You can make it work in Chrome with help of setTimeout:

select 'dbr.javascript', "$('.load2')[0].click();", 'onload';

select 'dbr.javascript', "setTimeout( function() { $('.load3')[0].click(); }, 1);", 'onload';

--
    myDBR Team

3. rmanes, Member

Thank you very much! Your help is invaluable - the delay resolved our issue. The very quick support on the forums is one of the (many) reasons we continue to use myDBR.

You must log in to post.