Import always showing total rows 0

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. Aardvark, Member

We seem to be having a problem with running an import. We're uploading the files no problem (they are showing in the server side files list)

but when we run an import on them with the following code:

SELECT 'dbr.import', 'sp_DBR_Import_import_bank_statements_do' ,'https://reports.ourdomain.com/user/statement.csv', 'now';

All of our reports of this type are running without showing an error, but they all say that there are 0 Rows - 0 Errors.

This is on ALL of our import reports. None of which have been edited and the files they are referring to are in the same format.

I've tried going to the target report (sp_DBR_Import_import_bank_statements_do) and manually inputting the fields for the first row and it works so the problem seems to be with the import script.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Make sure you define the import format to be a csv if you import a CSV-file. The other thing to check is that the server can access the CSV-file (you an try that with curl / wget).

If you still continue to have problems, please open a support ticket with full code for the import routines and a sample CSV-file you are using.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Aardvark, Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

The code on the import hasn't changed so I don't think it's a code issue unless the syntax has changed. It's already referring to the import type as csv.

I've just re-ran a few of the scripts and they're now working without issue without any changes being made at our end. Very strange.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

As myDBR code has not changed either, the logical explanation would be that the remote CSV-file would have been empty. Anyways, if the problem reappears, we can take a closer look.

--
    myDBR Team

5. Aardvark, Member

Hello,

The problem has now reappeared so not sure what the original problem was.

The solution you referred to regarding the curl / wget what is that and how do I implement it?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

The first thing to troubleshoot is to load the file to the server using wget / curl in the server and see if the file is a valid CSV file. For example, that it does not include empty lines at start of the file.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.