SMS Setup in mydbr

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. conscience, Member

Hi,

I want to send a report via SMS. To do that I need to set up SMS integration in mydbr. I read the documentation regarding SMS but I'm unable to understand how to configure in the extension folder because there is no sms/sms_sender.php in extension folder in our mydbr setup. Also, if I create the sms/sms_sender.php file under extension folder then what will be the code in the file??? can you please provide some example configuration file or instruction for how to configure SMS extension.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    see updated documentation for SMS gateway configuration. You create a Clicatell account, create an HTTP API connection in Clickatell Platform and add your API key to user/extension_init.php.

$mydbr_sms = array(
    'sender' => "clickatell",
    'apiKey' => "your_api_key",
    );

Make sure you have the latest version (run the automatic updater) as the newest build uses the new Clickatell HTTP API to send the messages. The old one is no longer supported for new Clickatell accounts.

--
    myDBR Team

3. conscience, Member

Hi Team,

I want to integrate text local (https://www.textlocal.in/) as my SMS provider and want to send SMS from mydbr.
    Currently, I'm not able to see code for dbr.sms extension hence unable to replicate the same.

Also, it will great if you share the extension code for SMS so that I can make the extension and use it.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The dbr.sms is included as source code in myDBR. We've added support for textlocal.in as a SMS gateway to the latest build. You will find the code in extensions/sms/sms_sender.php.

--
    myDBR Team

5. conscience, Member

Hi,

Thank you for the support!

I want to inform you that i'm now able to send sms using text local from mydbr. But there is a catch!
    You cannot send sms without sender ID from text local.

So add your sender id in report by using below command after dbr.sms;
    'dbr.sms.sender','[SENDERID]';

Note that, sender id should be approved in text local and mobile no format will be 91xxxxxxxxxx

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

In order to send SMS using Textlocal's SMS gateway, you either need to use an approved sender ID or you can use the default sender ID 'TXTLCL'. This has now been added as a default in myDBR, but you likely want to use your own sender ID anyways.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.