wkhtmltopdf test

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. jjr, Member

Hi,
    In your latest version release (in 5.5.0 release notes), one of the updates mentions being able to turn off the wkhtmltopdf test, however I can't find any details of how to do this. Please can you point me to an instructions page or give me details? It doesn't seem to be an option in Environment Settings.
    I want to turn this off as we don't use it but MyDBR requests it from our server on EVERY page render and so causes an error message every time.
    Thanks.

2. jjr, Member

(when I say error message - I mean an error message is displayed in the server console - Windows Server 2012R2)

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

The check for existence of wkhtmltopdf should happen only once for the user. The information is kept throughout the time the user is logged in.

If you do not have wkhtmltopdf installed and want to disable the check, you can set following lines to user/defaults.php:

$mydbr_defaults['export']['wkhtmltopdf']['skip_version_check'] = array(
    'wkhtmltopdf_exists' => false,
    'wkhtmltopdf_version' => ''
    );

The recommended option is to install the wkhtmltopdf. Even then you can still skip the version check by defining:

$mydbr_defaults['export']['wkhtmltopdf']['skip_version_check'] = array(
    'wkhtmltopdf_exists' => true,
    'wkhtmltopdf_version' => '0.12.5'
    );

We'll update the documentation to include this.
    --
    myDBR Team

4. jjr, Member

Ok, thanks. The check might be happening multiple times because the reports are embedded, so called by direct URLs.
    I did look into installing wkhtmltopdf but I found it did not print as accurately as claimed, compared with say printing from a browser, and even with it installed I don't want the check happening all the time, even if successful and not producing an error message on the server, as it will still slow it down.
    Thanks.

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

The output of wkhtmltopdf should be quite accurate as it contains a fully cabable browser. if you have problems with it, send us a sample report and we'll take a look at it.

It is also perfectly ok to disable the check, you will even gain little performance boost as myDBR does not have to do the check and launch a shell with wkhtmltopdf.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.