Can't add a user to a group

(24 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. apao, Member

Hello,
    when I try to add a user to a group (via "Settings" -> "Groups"), nothing happens when I type a username in the "Search user to add to the group" section.
    As a workaround, I can go to "Settings" -> "Users" and add the group to each user.
    Hope you can fix it.
    Keep up the good work, myDBR is really a superb application!
    Best regards.

Version used: myDBR 5.7.1 (build 3936). Browsers used: Firefox, Chrome
    By the way, the updater keeps proposing me the "myDBR 5.6 & 5.7 - "Security & Optimizations"" update although I already installed it.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    the issue is now fixed. Run the automatic updater to get the latest version. Thanks for pointing this out.

What do you mean by "updater keeps proposing"? The notification in the main screen or the page shown during the update process?
    --
    myDBR Team

3. apao, Member

I upgraded to Build 3938 and it fixes the issue about groups, thanks!

Concerning the update issue, there's nothing proposed on the main screen (in the notification box) but when I go to "About/Update", then click "Update", myDBR keeps proposing me the "myDBR 5.6 & 5.7 - "Security & Optimizations"" update even if I'm up to date. And if I launch the update, it tells me it updates successfully but will keep on proposing me the same update next time I'll try.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

That is intended behavior.

The update screen shows always the release notes of the latest major update available. In addition to major updates, we regularily release minor ones (with the updated last digit in version or just increased build number if the update is very minor).

--
    myDBR Team

5. apao, Member

Ok, thanks. I had thought that myDBR would have told me I was up to date instead of updating again.
    But never mind.
    Congrats and thanks again for your good work!

6. apao, Member

Hi,
    shortly after the update, I logged out and tried to log in and have a series of Warnings on the login screen (I replace nominative data with "xxxx"):

Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter in C:\xxxx\apache2\htdocs\mydbr\lib\utils.php on line 5878

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xxxx\apache2\htdocs\mydbr\lib\utils.php on line 5882

Warning: unserialize() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in C:\xxxx\apache2\htdocs\mydbr\lib\password_reset.class.php on line 66

Warning: unserialize() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in C:\xxxx\apache2\htdocs\mydbr\lib\password_reset.class.php on line 66

Warning: unserialize() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

There was an option used which is not available for PHP versions 5.x (e.g. prior PHP 7). Fixed now.

We do recommend updating to newer PHP versions if you are still running PHP 5.x.

As for the update notices, a notification is shown automatically in the main page when a new major version is available.
    --
    myDBR Team

8. apao, Member

Thanks but I can't login, how do I do the update?

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

In that case you need to do manual update.

- Make copy of the user-directory and the mydbr_config.php from your current installation
    - Download the myDBR version for your PHP, upzip it and replace the current installation
    - Restore the user-directory and the mydbr_config.php

Sorry for the hassle.
    --
    myDBR Team

10. apao, Member

Isn't there any way for me to disable the option you talked about in order to login and do the update?

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

Unfortunately not. The option is in a place where it is loaded both in login and in update so it affects both of them.

If you have access to the server, the manual update should not take more than couple of minutes.

If you need help with the update, let us know.
    --
    myDBR Team

12. apao, Member

Ok, I'll see that next week.
    I had tweaked several things in config files and also installed ChartDirectory. Will I lose anything?

13. myDBR Team, Key Master

The only files that should be modified by the user is the mydbr_config.php (database connection details) and the user-directory. Rest of the settings are in the database and won't be affected. Also, additional installations like ChartDirector (a PHP extension) are not affacted as you are just replacing the application PHP-files.

All your reports and data are unaffected.
    --
    myDBR Team

14. apao, Member

Hello,

I followed your instructions:
    - Make copy of the user-directory and the mydbr_config.php from your current installation
    - Download the myDBR version for your PHP, upzip it and replace the current installation
    - Restore the user-directory and the mydbr_config.php

Then I restarted the Apache Web Server.
    Unfortunately, I now have the following messages on the login page:

Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter in C:\xxxx\apache2\htdocs\mydbr\lib\utils.php on line 5878
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xxxx\apache2\htdocs\mydbr\lib\utils.php on line 5882

15. myDBR Team, Key Master

Check the date- and timeformat from the Preferences as it looks they are missing.

Also, you can open a support ticket so we can take a look at the other options that you might not want to share in forums.

--
    myDBR Team

16. apao, Member

Where do I check these preferences? Are they myDBR preferences? If so, I can't access them as I can't login.

About support tickets, if I eventually need to open one, how do I do? Via e-mail to support@mydbr.com?

17. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    you can open a support ticket via e-mail.

It looks like your options are missing values. To sort this out, open a support ticket with output of:

select * from mydbr_options where authentication = 0 or user ='dba' 

where you replace the dba with the username you are using. You can leave out sensitive things like passwords from the output.

--
    myDBR Team

18. apao, Member

Did you mean "user" or "username" in your query?
    Anyway, as the problem happens before I manage to login, it shouldn't be related to a specific user.
    Here's what I get for date- and time-related options in the table with authentication=0:

dateformat s:5:"d/m/Y";
    datetimeformat s:11:"d/m/Y H:i:s";
    timeformat s:5:"H:i:s";

Here's what I get for date- and time-related options in the table with me as username:

dateformat s:5:"d/m/Y";
    datetimeformat s:11:"d/m/Y H:i:s";
    timeformat s:5:"H:i:s";

19. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is the PHP version you are using?

It also coule be that the session holding the invalid values is still active. Acces the logout page 'index.php?a=logout' to clear your session.

The user-field is 'user' in MySQL, 'username' in SQL Server & Sybase.

--
    myDBR Team

20. apao, Member

I accessed the logout page, it redirected me to the login page (which is normal) but I still have the warnings above the login box (and if I try to login, it fails):

Concerning PHP, the version is 5.4.36 (so I downloaded the "PHP 5.3 – PHP 5.5 version" of myDBR on your site when I reinstalled this morning).

21. myDBR Team, Key Master

Open a support ticket with output of:

select * from mydbr_options where authentication = 0

You can leave out sensitive things like passwords from the output.

Also, look for the value of the version-meta tag from the login page source to make sure we test with exactly the same version.

--
    myDBR Team

22. apao, Member

I've just noticed it worked with another browser so I deleted the cache of the browser I had used so far and it works!
    Do you see an explanation?
    Is there something else I need to do?

23. myDBR Team, Key Master

Your browser used the old session which had corrupted options due to the previous problem. Clearing the cache cleared the session (the logout should do the same) and the correct options were refetched.

Evertyhing is now ok as the database was always in correct state.
    --
    myDBR Team

24. apao, Member

Ok, thanks.

You must log in to post.