User choice export option in parmeters page

(12 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. kdekkers, Member

Hello,

I want a user to select a parameter (print out yes/no) that if he wants the report to be exported to pdf (work orders to print out).
    So default is HTML to screen.

I found this article : https://mydbr.com/forums/topic.php?id=2256 but i don't want the user to click yet another button are so to start his export.
    So he just fills in the parameters (with his choice of export) and than te report is shown in html or pdf

thx

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    see the answer you were referring to. With a wrapper report you can do exactly the thing you want.

The wrapper report has same parameters than the final reprort, plus the export selection. It just calls your report and optionaly adds the PDF-export option to the URL.

--
    myDBR Team

3. kdekkers, Member

Does it call the report automatic ?
    User doesn't have to do a extra click ?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

What you can do is that you create a linked report that optionally has the PDF export option set. In the wrapper report you can click the link via JavaScript so user do not have to do it. Assume you have a report sp_DBR_dates with two parameters: inStartDate and inEndDate. What you can do is to create a wrapper report with same parameters plus an option for user to choose the format. Then create a linked report which you automatically invoke:

We can take a look if this could be done easier.

Edited. See easier answer below with new feature.
    --
    myDBR Team

5. kdekkers, Member

Ok thx
    I will test your answer.
    Would be nice it could be a little easier :-)

kind regards

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do agree it was bit too complicated.

If you run the automatic updater, you can now use a magic parameter inExportFormatSet (varchar(4)), into which you can pass the export format (PDF, xlsx etc).

See demo.

Thanks for the feature suggestion.

--
    myDBR Team

7. kdekkers, Member

Thx for the update.
    Ower software provider has to run the updater i'm afraid, i hope they can do this

8. kdekkers, Member

Hello,

The solution worked fine but now the procedure is missing sudenly (update ?)

error code i get: PROCEDURE rm3_937.sp_DBR_doc_Source does not exist

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Where do you get this error from? Sounds like you have a line

call sp_DBR_doc_Source('xxxx')

in your report and you do not have the procedure sp_DBR_doc_Source. It is not part of mDBR installation and myDBR does not use it.

--
    myDBR Team

10. kdekkers, Member

i got that from the demo source

https://mydbr.com/demo/mydbr/report.php?r=294&m=4&h=0f90c7ab8261bdc27a4450b45c9953af23364d3f&i=1

Maybe i didn't get how to use the inExportFormatSet param

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

Ah, ok.

Just remove the call. That call is just in the demo-site reports to show the 'Show how this report is done'-button. Nothing to do with the inExportFormatSet-parameter.
    --
    myDBR Team

12. kdekkers, Member

OK got it now :-)

thx

You must log in to post.