Error installing/updating myDBR Version 2.9,1 uto MS SQL database (2008 R2)

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. I'm getting this error when adding the objects using the Web installer.

Encountered an error during sql-script execution. Fix the error and press retry.

Invalid object name 'information_schema.columns'.
    if (select dbo.fn_mydbr_column_exists('mydbr_folders', 'reportgroup'))=0 begin
    alter table mydbr_folders add reportgroup int not null default 1 references mydbr_reportgroups(id)
    end

Appreciate any advice.

2. Sorry, my bad....the problem is with MSSQL 2005. MS SQL 2008 R2 runs without a hitcht, no problem!

For MSSQL 2005 install I get the error

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Is your server / database collation set up as case insensitive? That might cause the problem.

--
    myDBR Team

4. Thank you this helped to go further...but now I am getting this error.

Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" and "Latin1_General_BIN" in the is operation.
    insert into mydbr_languages (lang_locale, language, date_format, time_format, thousand_separator, decimal_separator)
    select lang_locale, language, date_format, time_format, thousand_separator, decimal_separator
    from #mydbr_languages_tmp
    where lang_locale not in (
    select lang_locale
    from mydbr_languages
    )

My database admin has requested that I ask what is the preferred collation for myDBR in SQL Server 2005.

5. He also asks whether I need to start with a fresh installation of the database because it aborted midway through and we will now be changing the collation?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

A good advise is to use the same collation as the server. This applies not only to myDBR but pretty much all setups if you do not specifically define the collation in db scripts. myDBR's current database script requires the case insensitive collation to be used.

The problem you are seeing now is that your database's collation is different from server's collation. This will cause problems when temporary table (as in the example) is used. Temporary tables are created in tempdb which uses system collation. This causes the conflict with your database's collation (in this case myDBR's).

--
    myDBR Team

7. Ok got it....very helpful.

Will try to get resolved.

Thanks,

You must log in to post.