Google SSO from multiple domains

(10 posts) (3 voices)
  1. Mark Tetrode, Member

Hi MyDBR Team

Historical reasons has resulted in our organisation having multiple google domains and people signing in from these multiple domains in the different web apps that we have.

Is it possible with MyDBR to use these multiple domains to sign in to MyDBR?

Thanks

Mark

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Mark,
    you can use multiple domains by separating them with comma in "Hosted domain" setting.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Mark Tetrode, Member

Thanks for your quick answer

When I have multiple domains how do I go handle the OAuth 2 Client ID, shouldn't I also create two Client IDs / Client Secrets?

Thanks

Mark

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

So you have users from multiple domains and want them to authenticate in Google so they can access same myDBR instance?

You are be able to do that with single OAuth 2.0 Client IDs configuration. The multi domain support is an OEM-version feature in myDBR.

--
    myDBR Team

5. maron, Member

I have set 2 domains in the "Hosted domain" field in the environment settings, with a comma between.

I am on the OEM version
    Both domains exist in the same Google Organization

No google user can login using google login - they all get the error You are not authorized to login with email domain <domain>

Am I doing something wrong here?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do the user's email's match the listed domains?

Can you try with the latest build?
    --
    myDBR Team

7. maron, Member

Same error after update if I put 2 domains in Hosted domain field

I updated from myDBR 6.4.4 build 4706 to 4730

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do the user's email's match the listed domains?

--
    myDBR Team

9. maron, Member

Yes - everyone was logged in before the change with emails from the first domain in Hosted Domain.

We tried emails from both domains after adding a 2nd domain in Hosted domain and it did not work, so we removed the 2nd domain and then it works for the 1st domain again.

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is the exact user email address used in Google login and the value for Hosted Domain field that you are using? You can send the answer to support for privacy.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.