Autocomplete Issue Outside Reports

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. jptreen, Member

The auto complete functionality within reports works very nicely for me. I've recently wanted to implement free tagging for a particular feature, which is not supported within mydbr, so i wanted to base my solution on a library called taggle. A basic working example is included in the fiddle below:

https://jsfiddle.net/okcoker/j5yeon1x

The issue is, this code works completely within the fiddle, but in mydbr the autocomplete functionality does not work at all.

I then created an html file on my server to verify what I was seeing. I started with these imports, exactly as found in the report page.

<script src="/lib/external/jquery/js/jquery.min.js?v=4075"></script> <script src="/lib/external/jquery/js/jquery-ui.min.js?v=4075"></script>

<script src="/lib/external/jquery/js/assets.js?v=4075"></script>

<script src="/lib/external/codemirror/editor.js?v=4075"></script> <script src="/lib/javascript/assets.js?v=4075"></script>

<script src="/user/taggle.min.js"></script>

Sure enough, with all these JS imports from the report page included, autocomplete did not work, so I removed things until I found what was breaking it for me.

It turned out, by removing only
    <script src="/lib/external/jquery/js/assets.js?v=4075"></script>

it fixed it for me.

If anyone would like direct links to the test pages to verify the behaviour I'm seeing, I'm happy to share.

As it stands, I'm not sure where to go from here. Can you guys be of any assistance?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR does not use jQuery UI's autocomplete. It overrides it with another one that has different syntax. From where do you plan to have the autocomplete values coming from?

--
    myDBR Tea,

3. jptreen, Member

That makes sense, thank you.

I want to get data from the local database. For testing, I was popping them into a javascript variable through a select query, which worked. Can I access your autocomplete function, and make my autocomplete a stored procedure?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Have you checked the multiselect option in paramrter queries? It does the same thing and it is built in.

The autocomplete functionality is available for you. In order to get the data from the database, you will need some backend logic as well to fetch the data from the database.

Mabye you could open a support ticket and describe a bit more detail what you are trying to do. An myDBR extension available inside the report or a parameter query or what.

--
    myDBR Team

5. jptreen, Member

Will do, thanks.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

See a demo.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.