Mydbr migration

(21 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. fdelpozo, Blocked

We have migrate Mydbr from a CENTOS+MYSQL server to CENTOS+MYSQL server.
    We have copied all the files and execute the mysql script of my DB on the new server.
    The ioncube loader works fine.
    The mydbr config file has correct data (mysql user,pass,etc)

But when I try to access mydbr I get something like "There is a database problem.contact your admin" (Sorry, I don't know the exact message, my Mydbr installation is on spanish language)

Any ideas? What happens?

Is there any Mydbr migration guide?

Thanks.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

It sounds like a permission problem.

When you move myDBR installation to new server, backup the myDBR database with routines and restore it into new server. Of course the user databases should also be there. Then install / copy the myDBR software itself into the new server if you are changing the web server also.

Easiest way to troubleshoot is to change the SETUP_DONE flag to false in mydbr_config.php. This will restart the installation process which will do the necessary checks. Re-running the installer keeps the existing reports intact.

--
    myDBR Team

3. fdelpozo, Blocked

I have restart install and pass all checks.
    I have test the installation with root user in config file, but it doesn't work.

Is there any cache from the old server?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    everything in myDBR is stored in the database, no caches involved. When you move the mydbr-database, make sure the backup includes the routines which MySQL by default does not include in the database backup unless specified.

Did you complete the installation? Did it you get any errors during installation, if so, what? Please be specific what errors you get and what stage.

--
    myDBR Team

5. fdelpozo, Blocked

The mysql backup script include routines. The install proccess has no errors.
    The only error is "Error in database operation. Contact your admin." when I try to access the aplication.

Is there any debug log with more specific messages?

6. fdelpozo, Blocked

I have install a blank installation with trial license and the aplication shows the login box. But when I enter user&passw by default (dba/dba) I canĀ“t login.
    The error: Check the username/password

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    If you get the "Check the username/password" error, the installation is fine and myDBR is able to make connection to the database. It's just that username and password just do not match.

Please note that if you installed on top of existing myDBR database, the installer keeps the old database intact including usernames and passwords. If you did a clean install, please check what is the content of the mydbr_userlogin-table in mydbr-database.

--
    myDBR Team

8. fdelpozo, Blocked

The only userlogin in DB is dba, the MD5 coded passw is also 'dba' I check it.

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

OK,
    Try to troubleshoot using the MySQL debug script in /mydbr/tools/troubleshoot/mysql.php. Edit the file to contain correct username and password and see if the connection is made correctly when you access it using browser.

--
    myDBR Team

10. fdelpozo, Blocked

After edit and load /mydbr/tools/troubleshoot/mysql.php it shows:

Connection ok. Localhost via UNIX socket

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

Run following command in mydbr-database and try to log in (will not let you in, but it will give more info what might be wrong).

call sp_MyDBR_SetOption( '',0,'logintrace', 'b:1;');

After the test reverse the debug flag:

call sp_MyDBR_SetOption( '',0,'logintrace', 'b:0;');

--
    myDBR Team

12. fdelpozo, Blocked

This is the trace:

Login trace
    Checking user "dba": User exists
    Database password's md5 hash: d693c4871a99d7acf43c4b1112da0c6e
    Challenge used: 6831860013081531042
    Comparision string: d693c4871a99d7acf43c4b1112da0c6e6831860013081531042
    md5 hash generated at server: 33dfa80c5a53d1c92c24b47b072899db
    md5 hash generated at client: 47a063087b4c9e0312038c31c64f264f

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../subdomains/reports/apps_v/login_v.php:102) in ..../subdomains/reports/apps_v/login_v.php on line 291

13. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    When myDBR is used over insecure connection (http), it protects the user entered password using challenge-response -authentication i.e. calculating a hash from enterted password combined with always changing challenge value.

In your case the calculated hash from password is incorrect (md5 hash generated at client field). This calculation is fone in browser before any info is sent to myDBR. Options are that the password entered is not 'dba' or there is some other error in javascript execution when performing the hash calculation.

To fix things you have three options:

1) Re-download and install the myDBR files
    2) Try to debug the few lines of javascript code that login screen has. You should see the has been put into "password_out" field.
    3) Use myDBR over secure connection so no challenge-response -authentication is needed nor used

Let us know if you sove the problem.
    --
    myDBR Team

14. fdelpozo, Blocked

Hi,

I am investigating a DB isssue. My Mydbr DB has not correct collation (utf8_general_ci) and the engine is MyISAM (not Innodb). This can cause this problem.
    I will to fix the 2 issues and test again.

15. fdelpozo, Blocked

With the innodb engine enabled, I have a new error creating mydbr tables:

MySQL error 1005: Can't create table './mydbr_db/mydbr_reportgroups.frm' (errno: 121)

The script:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS mydbr_reportgroups (
    id int NOT NULL auto_increment,
    name varchar(128) NOT NULL,
    sortorder int NOT NULL,
    color char(6) NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY USING BTREE (id)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=0

16. myDBR Team, Key Master

Not really a myDBR problem, but your database looks to be having some bigger problems (121 ususally means that same constrains already exists in the database). If you are doing a clean install, just drop and recreate the database.

--
    myDBR Team

17. fdelpozo, Blocked

Ok, i have fix the innodb problem. I have a clear installation (with innodb DB) and the error persist.

The trace:
    Login trace
    Checking user "dba": User exists
    Database password's md5 hash: d693c4871a99d7acf43c4b1112da0c6e
    Challenge used: 5256600013082355922
    Comparision string: d693c4871a99d7acf43c4b1112da0c6e5256600013082355922
    md5 hash generated at server: f142982a793ca1aedc329850ab72d9ef
    md5 hash generated at client: f286d11a2cc36eae829911024a1d3e0b

18. fdelpozo, Blocked

Perhaps this is the problem...

The only way that MD5 in MySQL would return a different hash then the MD5 function in PHP is if the character set in MySQL is different.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1764733/check-a-field-in-mysql-from-a-php-md5-string/1764823#1764823

In this case, the problem is with mysql and javascript.

19. myDBR Team, Key Master

Based on your log the hash that is incorrect is the hash calculated in your browser. The problem seems to have nothing to do with the database. The hash calculated in db is correct.

If you want to see what is going on, you can debug the few lines of javascript code that login screen has. You should see the has been put into "password_out" field. If your web server is accessible from outside, drop us a line and we'll do it for you to save some time.

--
    myDBR Team

20. fdelpozo, Blocked

Yes, the web server is accessible from outside. Give me an email address so I can send you the server credentials.

21. myDBR Team, Key Master

Use support@mydbr.com

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.