A couple installation issues

(8 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. -nth-, Member

I've successfully installed mydbr community edition (myDBR 2.9.1 build 1131) on Win2008R2 running IIS and MSSQL 2008 R2 Express. I can login, create users, reports, folders but the interface begins to behave strangely after a few minutes of work. For example I'll edit a folder name and select OK, but the folder name never changes. Or I'll go into SQL Editor, select Show Query Builder then the database and no objects are listed (where they were previously there 5 minutes ago). Or I'll edit a report and there's no display of assigned users under the Report Privileges section. If I go to Users, I do get an error saying "Notice: Undefined index: ajax_ref in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\apps\users.php on line 34" and it won't let me add users.

All point to some kind of connection issue with the database I think.

The mydbr database user has the dbadmin role on the mydbr database and dbdatareader role on the report database. The freetds.conf contents are:
    [global] host = localhost port = 1433 client charset = UTF-8 tds version = 8.0 text size = 64512
    Mydbr_config.php contents: (with name/password changed)
    define( "DB_VENDOR", 'mssql' ); define( "DB_HOST", 'localhost' ); define( "DB_PORT", NULL ); define( "DB_NAME", 'mydbr' ); define( "DB_USER", 'admin' ); define( "DB_PASSWORD", 'password' ); define( "SETUP_DONE", true );

I can also configure the mssql.php file in the tools\troubleshooting folder with the correct credentials and it tells me the connection is ok.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks,
    -nth-

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Based on the symptoms first thing to come in mind is that you are having some peculiar behaviour with PHP sessions or you are having some network problems that are not caught by the db driver. You might want to check the system logs for more detailed info.

--
    myDBR Team

3. -nth-, Member

Any logs you could point me to? The IIS and PHP logs appear to be normal. One thing I ran across in the forums was there was once upon a time an issue with installing mydbr in wwwroot. Could something like that cause this issue?

Another maybe related issue is that IE 9 won't login. I get the following error:
    Problem with configuration. Cause: Cookies cannot be accessed Suggestion: Check that your cookies are enabled and that the server session path is valid

After clearing cookies and making sure the website (localhost) is an intranet site, it still wouldn't work. I gave up and switched to Chrome. It's able to login just fine.

I'll keep troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    -nth-

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR stores the session id to cookie. If your IE's settings block the cookies, you will not be able to connect to the server. Check the IE's cookie settings.

Do you have any problems with another browser (Chrome)?

--
    myDBR Team

5. -nth-, Member

I'm sure that IE9 wasn't blocking cookies. And when I would log in using Chrome, some of the mydbr features were not working as expected.

I think I finally got it figured out though. As soon as I moved mydbr from wwwroot to wwwroot\report all the mydbr features began behaving normally in Chrome and IE9 logged in and worked just fine as well.

The cookie issue sounds similar to this post. Interesting that it evidently also caused issues with certain features within mydbr.

-nth-

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Looks like myDBR loses the cookie in this case. We'll take a look what might cause this.

--
    myDBR Team

7. -nth-, Member

Out of curiosity, were you able to determine if the cookie issue still exists when placing mydbr in wwwroot?

-nth-

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

It turned out to be an IIS specific problem. It will be sorted out in next release.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.