Retrieving RTF text from MySQL

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I'm looking a bit of advice.

I have imported data extracted from an an retired enterprise application in to MySQL. The data extract came to me as CSV files. The rows in these CSV files contain several RTF columns with line breaks, bullets etc.

I'm importing these columns as TEXT fields into MySQL. Is there anyway I can extract these TEXT fields and maintain the formatting especially line breaks? At the moment I just a contiguous paragraph.

for example I'm getting:

Spot checks performed on three documents: 1. LAF 1392 verification of light levels. RM-00109 version 1.0. Completed on 26 Nov 19. LAF number, attachment number and page numbers on attachment but no link to RM-00109 version 1.0. Corrected on 13 Dec 19. 2. Performance Verification for Production DCB, VV-QUAL-00289 version 1.0, controlled copy 1. Completed on 25 Nov 19. PV referenced, version number and controlled copy number all referenced as required. However version number incorrect, version 1.0 not 2.0 as recorded. Version number corrected on 13 Dec 19. 3. OQ for balances, Quality General - 31609, version 2.0, controlled copy 1. Completed 03 Jun 19. Attachment number, Quality General reference and copy number all referenced. However number of pages on attachments missing. Corrected on 13 Dec 19. CAPA effectiveness check not successful as 2 of the documents checked were not completed as required.

Whereas I would like:

Spot checks performed on three documents:
    1. LAF 1392 verification of light levels. RM-00109 version 1.0. Completed on 26 Nov 19.
    LAF number, attachment number and page numbers on attachment but no link to RM-00109 version 1.0. Corrected on 13 Dec 19.

2. Performance Verification for Production DCB, VV-QUAL-00289 version 1.0, controlled copy 1. Completed on 25 Nov 19.
    PV referenced, version number and controlled copy number all referenced as required. However version number incorrect, version 1.0 not 2.0 as recorded. Version number corrected on 13 Dec 19.

3. OQ for balances, Quality General - 31609, version 2.0, controlled copy 1. Completed 03 Jun 19.
    Attachment number, Quality General reference and copy number all referenced. However number of pages on attachments missing. Corrected on 13 Dec 19.

CAPA effectiveness check not successful as 2 of the documents checked were not completed as required.

Hope you follow that

Thanks

Jake

2. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I think I've answered my own question

select 'dbr.colstyle', 'Sum', '[white-space:pre-wrap;]';

Is this correct way to do it?

Cheers

Jake

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    the pre-wrap keeps the sequences of white space and keeps the newline characters. By default, HTML table cells collapse the white spaces and newlines.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.