ColStyle use on data values

(8 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. jjr, Member

Hi,

I know I can set the way the values from each column are displayed using colStyle.
    For example:
    select 'dbr.colstyle', 'value', '%.1f [uom]';

This works fine for pies etc, and totals on bar charts. But this does not seem to work on data values for bar/stacked bar charts.

In those cases "%.1f" syntax works ok, but if I add a reference to another column (like [uom] above) or add a literal value, the total value is formatted correctly, but the data value formatting fails for this syntax and it reverts to no formatting at all.

Specifically I'm trying to put some text into each stacked bar in a stacked bar chart.

Example code:
    select 'dbr.chart', 'StackedBar3D', '', 400,70; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'hide', 'all'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'showvalues', 1; select 'dbr.colstyle', 'value', '%.1f [uom]'; SELECT tmp.series, tmp.uom, tmp.value FROM tmp;

Thanks.

2. jjr, Member

By the way - I can understand why you might want this style applied by default to data points, but I wondered if there was a way to specify it.
    Also, the Chart Director Markup Language doesn't work on the data colstyle either.

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

We'll take a look what can be done about it.

--
    myDBR Team

4. jjr, Member

Ok, thanks. It's not a big issue if there is not already a way to do this, or it creates issues, as I can work around it by using a different mechanism (like a coloured table).

5. jjr, Member

Hi. I can see that you've added this functionality in the latest build. Thanks. However, it seems to conflict with the label.align command, so now I can't center-align my text - or is there another way to do it?
    select 'dbr.chart.options', 'label.align', 'center';
    Thanks

6. jjr, Member

(the label.align command was working before the change)

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    label.align-option works again. Also, you can set the font for the data label (label_data_font*) differently from the aggregate label (label_font*).

--
    myDBR Team

8. jjr, Member

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Yes, confirmed working again in latest release.

You must log in to post.