Radiobutton with different text values vs labels

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. duane, Member

I have an editable form which includes radio buttons. Some use a text value for the 'hidden' value and a different text (spaces, brackets, etc) for the label - others use the same value for both value and label.

When the text value and label are the same, the field shows the existing field value by shoring the appropriate radio button as selected. But when the text values differ, no selected radio button is shown as if the field has no value.

Before I share the code (it is quite extensive and layered and I'd have to simplify), is this something you can replicate and thus a bug or something that doesn't occur for you? (I am using the latest update from a few days ago).

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Duane,
    when you attach a editable functionality with a column as form of radio button, user is first shown a normal value of the column (the textual expression, not the id). When user clicks the cell to enter the editable mode, the cells content is matched with the radio button's label, not the id behind the radio button). If no match is found, no radio button is selected.

--
    myDBR Team

3. duane, Member

OK - that explains the behavior - I'll edit my code to display the label vs the value.

You must log in to post.