Connected parameters using sql server and autocomplete

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. brycedcamp, Member

I have been trying to get connected parameters working with no luck. My first query is an autocomplete query which has the same variable name as the second, connect parameter but it continues to error.

Is using autocomplete supported with connected parameters?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

It is now.

The latest build adds support for autocomplete + connected parameter combo.

--
    myDBR Team

3. brycedcamp, Member

I am no longer getting an immediate error so that is great! However, things still don't seem to be working.

The original report accepts the following parameters with strStock being the key:

create procedure sp_DBR_quoting_add_strStock @inintQuoteKey int, @inLogin varchar(30), @strStock varchar(50), @inPrice decimal(16,4), @instrLeadTime varchar(24), @instrNotes varchar(80), @inintQtyOrder int

Assigned to @strStock is an Autocomplete sp with the following query:

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_autocomplete_strStock @strStock varchar(50) AS BEGIN

SELECT strStock, strDescription FROM ST2005.dbo.IN_Master --WHERE strStock LIKE inValue + '%'; WHERE strStock LIKE @strStock + '%';

Then, the @inPrice parameter looks like this:

create procedure sp_ADBR_select_price_level @strStock varchar(50) as begin

SELECT curPrice1, curPrice2, curPrice3, curPrice4, curPrice5 FROM ST2005.dbo.IN_Master WHERE strStock = @strStock

However, when I select a value for strStock as part of the autocomplete, the second parameter never populates. All I see is "No parameters available"

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can try the newest build. Should work also with your config.

Couple of notes:

The five column return value from sp_ADBR_select_price_level does not make sense. Either return them as separate rows (user can choose between them) or just return one value with optional grouping info.

Try not to mix naming scheme for parameters and reports. When you add a parameter with prefix sp_DBR, myDBR treats it as a report and offers for you to add it in as a report. You can use another prefix like par_.,

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.