PDF

(8 posts) (2 voices)
  • Started by ken@pesttrend.com
  • Latest reply from ken@pesttrend.com

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ken@pesttrend.com, Member

Hi

I have created a report using 3 templates and embedded the output in my application. How do I provide my user with an export to pdf option.

All my other reports are simple reports which don't use templates but the user gets the option to export to their desired format(excel,pdf,csv) but I can't see how this works for templates.

Thanks
    Ken

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Templates are part of normal reports and make no difference for the PDF export. You can always export a report to PDF either from the export menu or by adding '&export=pdf' (or xlsx, csv, json, xml, sql) to the report URL.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ken@pesttrend.com, Member

Perfect that worked.
    Thank you.

4. ken@pesttrend.com, Member

Can you clarify what you mean by export menu. I have an export menu in my other reports but the one using the templates has no menu which is the real problem. What do I have to do to show this menu for my template based report.

Thanks
    Ken

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

You should have an export menu on top right corner regardless of the elements you use in the report.

myDBR Team

6. ken@pesttrend.com, Member

It is an embedded report. I have set the hdr=0 to hide the mydbr header because I don't want the user to have the option to change the report parameters. I really just want the export menu. Can I create a button to call this menu ?

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hiding the header does not prevent user from changing the parameters. Unless you use protected parameters, user can always change the parameters directly from the URL. When you use protected parameters, showing the header does not allow user changing the parameters.

You can add a button for it as well. Include an automatic parameter inAutoReportURL to get the current report URL and make a button with dbr.url while adding the '&export=pdf' to the URL.

--
    myDBR Team

8. ken@pesttrend.com, Member

OK I will give that a go.
    Thanks for your help.
    Ken

You must log in to post.