Get report name from automatic parameter?

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. duane, Member

Hi.

I have a few reports I want to use the same parameter queries with as 75% of the them are exactly the same. Yet 25% differ slightly in what they should return (e.g. more/less options depending on the report purpose).

Is there a detect in a parameter query the report name? I tried using inAutoReportURL and getting the hash value, but these sometimes returns a url with a hash value and sometimes without. If there another way to avoid having to fork a parameter query? If I would get the report name or id - I could hook that into the query to essentially say "if report A, show x, y, z else show a,b,c,d,e,f,g,...x,y,z)

Thanks!

2. duane, Member

FYI: by "report name" I mean the underlying procedure name e.g. sp_DBR_abc

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

We can see if we can add the report's procedure name as an automatic parameter. You could parse it from the inAutoReportURL (r-parameter), but it will be much easier with an automatic parameter.

--
    myDBR Team

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Duane,
    you can now use inAutoReportProcedure for the report procedure name.

--
    myDBR Team

5. duane, Member

Great! I've tried inAutoReportProcedure (and inAutoReportURL) in a parameter query (procedure) and what I've noticed for both is that when there are multiple parameters where inAutoReportProcedure/inAutoReportURL occur after another (the only situation I've tried), when I change to a different value from default value, the inAutoReportProcedure/inAutoReportURL result becomes blank/null.

Can you replicate this or should I provide a code example?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

An example would be helpful. You can create a support ticket for it.

Note that the inAutoReportURL would be the URL when the report is initially called, not the final one with parameter values.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.