ioncube issue while upgrading environment

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. eugfri, Member

hi,

I have updated mydbr to ver 5.9.1
    Also, my install runs on very old php (Apache 2.4 and php 5.6.3). Also, I am seeing warning about my version of ioncube (10.0.1) which also needs upgrading.

I have tried to get everything running on Apache 2.4 + php 7.4.3 and used ioncube loader dll ioncube_loader_win_7.4.dll

However, when trying to do it, when I navigate to mydbr, I see this error msg:

Fatal error: The file C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\index.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 7.1. in Unknown on line 0

Can you please advise on the correct order of steps for me to get my environment updated.

php 7.4 also has quite limited lifespan, but for php 8 seems like there is no ioncube loader available yet.

thank you

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Take a look at the documentation for more info on updating between major versions.

The PHP 5.6 version and PHP 7.x versions are compiled for different ionCube loader. This means that when you update your PHP from 5.6 to 7.4, you need to download the new binary. Just keep the mydbr_config.php and the /mydbr/user-directory from your old installation.

Official PHP support is two years from initial release for development and three years for security update. We have supported PHP versions longer, but recommend using the newer versions.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.