Date-time parameter suggestion

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. duane, Member

Hi again,

Right now, it seems using datetime as the data type for a parameter is passed OK, but unlike text data types, it doesn't retain this value in the parameter fields after submission (at least on my installation). Ideally it would retain the value just like other parameters do (e.g. when always showing parameters) since right now if the page is refreshed or re-submitted a blank/null value gets passed.

A few other suggestions for the parameter datetime value popup selector:

1. Allow the direct inputting of a time rather than using the +/- keys for hour-minute-second - it is much faster (then I could hide the hour-minute-second selectors using CSS)
    2. For the hour-minute-second +/- selectors, allow going backward from 0 to enable quickly moving to 23 for hour, and 59 minutes and seconds - clicking the + button 82 times to get 23:59 is super annoying
    3. What is the checkbox for to the left ot the +/- time buttons? It may be my CSS doing funny things, but it never seems to be checked even when clicked directly. Does this happen to you too?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Allow the direct inputting of a time rather than using the +/- keys for hour-minute-second - it is much faster (then I could hide the hour-minute-second selectors using CSS)

See the demo of date and datetime pickers.

You can directly input the time or use cursor keys (up/down) to change the time. You can move between the date/time elements with cursor left/right.

For the hour-minute-second +/- selectors, allow going backward from 0 to enable quickly moving to 23 for hour, and 59 minutes and seconds - clicking the + button 82 times to get 23:59 is super annoying

You can use the cursor keys (up/down) for that.

What is the checkbox for to the left ot the +/- time buttons? It may be my CSS doing funny things, but it never seems to be checked even when clicked directly. Does this happen to you too?

Those are actually sliders (see the demo). Maybe you have some kind of CSS conflict.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.