Initial Configuration Cropping Username

(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. cdavison, Member

We are in the process of migrating our backend MySQL server over to AWS Aurora MySQL serverless. During the migration, when I try to enter in the "reporting administrator username", MyDBR is cropping the user as soon as I press "Continue".

User: ---------------User

The error given below hints that the user is being cropped:

Unable to connect to the MySQL database:
    ERROR 1045: Access denied for user '---------------U'@'10.10.10.10' (using password: YES)
    Please make sure that you typed username and password correctly.

For privacy reasons, I have cropped out the username title except the last part "User" which is being cropped to "U" and changed the IP address in the above error.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The administrator username is not anyway limited, nor should it be cropped. What is the length of the username?

You say you are migrating to AWS Aurora MySQL. Do you already have the old myDBR database tranferred to Aurora?

Could you check the content of the mydbr_config.php file? The administrator username is stored just in that file and used when the database is accessed.

--
    myDBR Team

3. cdavison, Member

I put in 'ThisIsATestUserName' and it also cropped it to 'ThisIsATestUserN'. It seems to have a 15-character limit on the username.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sorry for the confusion. There was indeed a lmit of 16 characters in the username as older MySQL versions did not allow usernames longer than that. The limit has now been increased to 80 charaters (MariaDB max username length, MySQL has limit of 32 characters).

You can download the new build and continue with that.

--
    myDBR Team

5. cdavison, Member

Thank you! That update fixed the problem.

You must log in to post.