Set HTML head title tag different from report title

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. duane, Member

Hi. I'm wondering if it is possible to set the HTML head "title" tag as different from the report title and the page display title.

Right now, it seems the HTML head "title" tag is set based on the report name. Yet I use report name to make sure they have a logical, easy to remember and find name for when working on them - but it isn't the ideal for when indexed in internal and external search engines.

I'd love the ability to set the HTML head "title" tag independently of the report name and the display title tag.

Is there a way to do this now?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

How would you like it to work? With separate command or with a setting in the report info?

--
    myDBR Team

3. duane, Member

I'd love it to work as a separate command so I can set it dynamically if necessary.

4. duane, Member

e.g. something like:

SELECT 'dbr.head.title', "This is the HTML head title of the page (not the report name nor the on-page report title)";

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

We are considering the best approach for this, this is not forgotten.

Handling the HTML head title with the command would require to hold delivering the HEAD-part of the document before the whole report is loaded in the server. This wouls also cause the whole report to be kept in the memory before all commands are processed. For now myDBR sends the result as they are handled.

We'll keep you posted.

--
    myDBR Team

6. duane, Member

OK. next best things would be a static field set in the report info if that makes it easier.

You must log in to post.