Show existing values in editable checkbox

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. duane, Member

I'm trying to get editable checkboxes to be populated with their existing values in the DB when loaded, I can't figure out the return string to get it recognised. Should the list of current displayed values comma separated, space separated or something else? I have it working fine otherwise (displaying, updating,

I had it working at some point and then it stopped working, and I can't figure out what made it work again.

For instance:
    - the ids column returns ids: a,b,c
    - the labels column returns A1,B1,C1

Initially all the checkboxes besides the display values are unchecked. So I select B1 and C1 and then click OK and it saves fine in the database. But when I refresh the page, other non-checkbox values load fine, but the checkboxes are all unchecked again despite the the query for the labels column returning "B1,B2"

Any hints (the editable checkbox demos didn't seem to work and in the documentation it was unclear).

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Can you show the code in question?

See the checkbox editable demo for working example.

What was the non-working demo that you were referring to?

--
    myDBR Team

3. duane, Member

> What was the non-working demo that you were referring to?

Editing example 6

When I login in using demo:demo, nothing I click on the Editing example 6 reports turns into an editable form. So while I can see the code, I can't see if it is working as I need it to. Perhaps the demo user doesn't have permission for the edit report/procedure?

I'll work up a simplified code example now.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

There was a permssion issue in the demo. Demo user was not able to see the Editing example 6. Now fixed.

In your case, the the Editing example 2's Checkbox example is similar to yours (character ID's, and then values).

If you can provide simplified code, we can take a look at that and see if the new feature would suite you.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.