Excel export file corrupted error

(5 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

1. Dev, Member

Hi there,

When we attempt to export a report into excel, getting the below error. Could you let us know the fix please?

Excel cannot open the file 'xyz.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

2. ziuras, Member

the same for me.
    mydbr build 4653
    export to pdf and xlsx ends with error. can not write (or access) to /tmp directory.

whith select 'dbr.export.options', 'debug', 1; in report i get:
    ~~
    To test wkhtmltopdf pdf generation, copy the following command into the server's command line.
    myDBR saved the generated HTML file into /tmp/mydbr_export_2147188892.html. File size is: 36351 bytes.
    usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf --margin-top "20" --header-spacing "8" --header-html "https://report.kmv.local/user/export_header_pdf.php" --replace rdate "2022.06.29" --replace rtime "16.35.14" /tmp/mydbr_export_2147188892.html debug_output.pdf
    ~~~
    when i run this command with root user then pdf is exported ok.

sorry for my english ;)

3. ziuras, Member

after i restore to build 4652 - export to pdf is working fine.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Please open a support ticket via myDBR support email and attach the invalid Excel-file as an attachment.

--
    myDBR Team

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Make sure you have mbstring PHP extension installed on your server. This allows PHP to handle UTF-8 characters. It is also used by myDBR to create Excel files.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.