target report when 'run'

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. JamesG, Member

Hi, I'm sure this is simple stuff but I'm stumped.
    When a report is run how can I automatically load the next report.
    EG: I have a report to add a new order and when I press submit I want to go to my report that shows a summary and list of orders without having to have a next button.
    Thanks in advance

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

James,
    what kind of report do you have where you have the submit? There are more than one way to refresh the page.

--
    myDBR Team

3. JamesG, Member

Hi. I have a report that shows customers with linked reports (green arrow) to ‘add new order’ and if an order already exists to ‘view orders’
    When i click ‘add order’ it loads the report to add the order. When i submit the ‘add order’ and it has added the order to the db i want the page to go to the ‘view orders’ report. At the moment the ‘add order’ just updates the db then returns a blank screen.
    What would you recommend.

Many thanks

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Easiest way to do it is to set the target of the 'add order' report to a embedded element (for example "hiddendiv[]"). Then return dbr.refresh from the 'add order'-report.

--
    myDBR Team

5. JamesG, Member

Hi,
    Sorry, have been trying to do this but each time I submit the first report the window just closes, can't get it to automatically submit to the next one.
    Is there a demo or example of this?
    Thanks

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Why not open a support ticket with export as SQL of the reports in question and description of the actions you would like to create. Would help to understand what you are trying to do.

--
    myDBR Team

7. JamesG, Member

Thanks, have figured it out. appreciate your help.

You must log in to post.