Do not force download on export

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. maron, Member

Hello.

When using ?export=xml the result is always downloaded, but not displayed in browser.

We have come across an integration where this is incompatible. I think this happens because of the content-disposition response header

content-disposition: attachment;filename="Google product feed.xml"

Regards,
    Maron

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What do you mean that the downloaded export is incompatible? Do you get an error or what happens?

We can add an option where you can choose if the export is done as inline or as an attachment.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. maron, Member

It is an agency I work with who gets the error in some ad management system so I do not have the exact details.

An option for it would be great

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

It is unlikely that the export download is causing the problem (the content does not change between inline and attachment). You could try to see what the problem is.

--
    myDBR Team

5. maron, Member

After testing both on a separate document from our server (not from mydbr) we are confident this is the issue, but we can not reach the vendor about it.

Can you please provide the option to make it inline.

There is a 2nd benefit to this option, developing a report and having to download it each time and open the xml is time consuming, if we could have it inline this will speed up report development.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do you mean that an external system cannot handle the valis "Content-Disposition" header?

In the newest build you can set the export to be an attachment or an inline (shown in browser).

You can either use a command:

select 'dbr.export.options', 'content-disposition.xlsx', 'inline';

or add &content-disposition=inline to the URL.

--
    myDBR Team

7. maron, Member

Correct, thanks a lot

You must log in to post.